ABOUT


 

 

 

 MOTOGUZZI AUDACE 

Motoguzzi officially touched the land of Indonesia through the Grand Launching which took place in Potato Head Garage, Pacific Place (15/1012)Brought by Piaggio Indonesia and distributed by Premier International under UTOMOCORP, Motoguzzi now available in Jakarta and ready to speed up the on road.

The story  of Motoguzzi started more than eighty years ago. On 15 march 1921, the company "Società Anonima Moto Guzzi" was constitued in the offices of the notary Paolo Cassanello in Corso Aurelio Saffi, Genoa, for "the fabrication and sale of motorcycles, and all other activities pertinent or correlated to the metalworking and mechanical engineering industries". the partners in the Company were the renowned Genoese ship owner Emanuele Vittorio Parodi, his son Giorgio and his friend Carlo Guzzi. Guzzi was a former comrade of Parodi's in the Italia Air Corps, as was another friend giovanni Ravelli, an aviator - like Parodi - who died, however, on 11 August 1919 during a test flight. It was in memoryof this friend that the spread-winged eagle motif in the Moto Guzzi badge was chosen.

The company's first motorcycle was the legendary 8 HP Normale. This was followed by successful models such as the 1928 Guzzi G.T., dubbed “Norge” to commemorate the expedition to the Polar Arctic Circle, and the Airone 250 (1939), which remained Italy's best selling medium capacity motorcycle for over 15 years. In the meanwhile, the marque also notched up numerous racing successes. The first was in the prestigious Targa Florio in 1921, which marked the beginning of an impressive succession of victories: up until its withdrawal from motorsports in 1957, Moto Guzzi accumulated an enviable collection of accolades including, among other titles, an astonishing 14 world GP championships and 11 Tourist Trophies.

The years following the Second World War spawned models such as the Guzzino 65 (“Cardellino”), which was Europe's best selling motorcycle for over a decade. This was followed by the legendary Galletto (1950) and the Lodola 175 (1956). In 1950, Moto Guzzi installed a state of the art wind tunnel at Mandello del Lario, making it the first constructor worldwide to do so. The company's racing division was a team of brilliant minds, with engineers such as Umberto Todero, Enrico Cantoni and the Milanese Giulio Cesare Carcano, who would soon achieve legendary status for creating the 285 Km/h Guzzi Otto Cilindri. 
 
At the end of the 1960s, Moto Guzzi presented the 90° V-twin engine that was to become the very symbol of Moto Guzzi itself. This powerplant was used as the basis for models such as the Guzzi V7, the V7 Special and yet another icon, the Guzzi V7 Sport. The glorious V-twin was also produced as smaller capacity V35 and V50 variants. The largest iteration of this engine powered the definitive Gran Turismo - the Moto Guzzi California, which evolved to include electronic injection and a triple-disc brake system. Dedicated to the US market, together with the Ambassador and Eldorado variants, the California boasted the classic 850 cc engine capacity, a displacement that has since been rediscovered and brought back into the current range. Models like the Le Mans, Daytona, Centauro and Sport 1100 kept the sports heritage of the marque alive. The unmistakable style and character of these bikes were brought right up to date in the 1990s with the new California, Nevada and V11 Sport series.
On 30 December 2004 Moto Guzzi became a part of the Piaggio Group (chairman and managing director Roberto Colaninno), the European leader in the two-wheeler market and one of the world's major constructors in the sector. Expressing the spirit of this renaissance was the Breva 1100 presented in March 2005, a new and successful Italian offering for the naked segment. September that same year saw the widely acclaimed launch of the Griso 1100, a bike boasting original engineering solutions and unique styling. From April 2006, the Breva and Griso have also been offered with Guzzi's hallmark 850 cc engine size. 

 
 

 

 

 MOTOGUZZI V7 RACER

 

SHOWROOM

 


 
 
 
PREMIER VESPA Bintaro
Blok AP  Jl. Bintaro Utama 3 Blok AP No.53, Pd. Aren, Tangerang Selatan, Banten 15221
P: 0811108028 E: info@ilovepiaggi o.com
View Map

EVENTS



MOTOPLEX EXHIBITION


After previously held an exhibition on Pondok Indah Mall Jakarta, Premier International PT as part of UTOMOCORP still taking over the malls on Jakarta and finally coming back again for the second time with held the automotive exhibition entitled "MOTOPLEX - "The Home of the Piaggio Group Brand". From 9-15 November ( Read More